How Upgrade Auctions work
Trying TAP Upgrade Auctions is easy
- When you reserve your ticket, you will receive an email offering you the opportunity to purchase an upgrade.
- Follow the steps and enter the information requested.
- Insert the amount of your bid to fly in Executive Class.
- You must enter your bid, using credit card or TAP Miles&Go miles*, at least 36 hours before the flight.
- If your bid is accepted, payment will be taken automatically from the credit card, or your TAP Miles&Go account, you registered with the auction and a confirmation of the transaction will be sent to you by email;
- If your bid is not approved, you will pay nothing and keep your original ticket.
- Take into account that not all routes are eligible for Upgrades Auctions, your flight may not be available. Besides, for this reason, you will not receive an email invitation to participate.
If you prefer, you can also enter your flight information on this page and see if your flight is eligible or not.
*When making your bid, you should take the following conditions into account:
1) If the booking has more than one passenger, the debit of miles or the payment by credit card, will be processed in the account of the one to whom the email is directed. If the upgrade process is started manually, the client will be the one who is identified at that time to whom the miles debit will be made.
2) The miles used as a method of payment are non-refundable.
3) To complete the bid with TAP Miles&Go miles, make sure your account has enough miles; otherwise your bid will not be accepted.
4) This auction is not applicable to group bookings, trips with babies and in some special services.
5) If you have a booking with more segments and you upgraded one of those segments, the corresponding benefits will only apply to the upgraded segment - except for fare conditions that remain identical to those of the original ticket.
Note: If you have a booking code that corresponds to the airline tickets of more than one passenger and want to make an individual bid, please contact TAP Air Portugal so your booking can be split. If a travel agent made your booking, they will separate it.
Some tickets may not be eligible for the Plusgrade auction due to restrictions based on special needs seating, seat availability, ticketstype, groups and other airline policies. The restriction exists in order to comply with the law and ensure that there are appropriate seats for all passengers.
View all the Terms and Conditions of this feature here (PDF, 100KB, EN).
Prepare for your next trip now
The upgrade is subject to seat availability; it is always applied to each flight segment and the corresponding benefits only apply to the upgraded segment - except for fare conditions that remain identical to those of the original ticket.
How Upgrade Auctions work
Don't miss the opportunity to have the best Economy Class experience with TAP Upgrades Auctions.
Grab the last seats in Executive Class and participate in an auction that is almost like a game! Make your trip unique with top quality cuisine, comfort and entertainment.
How does it work?
When you open the TAP App or the SeatBoost app, you will be able to check if your flight is eligible for the Comfort or Executive Class Upgrade auction, and choose the auction you want to participate in.
Check the minimum initial amount to bid, and bid using your credit card. Check your position in the auction and use the paddles to continue bidding.
If you win the auction, you will receive a message right after its closure. The Executive Class auctions close 62 minutes before the flight; the Comfort auctions close 58 minutes before the flight. You will then receive a message containing your new boarding pass in Executive Class or Comfort. The debit2 of the auctioned price will charge automatically on the registered credit card.
2If you do not win the auction, you will not be charged any additional costs and will keep your original boarding pass.
Get started now!
- The Upgrade is possible according to the availability of seats. The availability is determinable at the end of each auction.
- There is a separate auction for each flight segment.
- Not all services associated with Upgrade are available, and some tickets are not eligible for this type of Upgrade.
- The payment will be made in EUR at airports located in Europe, Morocco and Tunisia. For the rest of the world it will be in USD.
- TAP Upgrade Auctions in the last 24 hours before the flight end approximately 60 minutes before departure, when the best upgrade offers are open in case of availability.
- Auctions take place in real time and live, via the SeatBoost mobile app.
- You can see where you stand during the auction and decide how much to bid.
- You can make as few or as many bids as you would like.
- Priority Boarding (due to the pandemic situation there may be changes in boarding).
- All on-board benefits and, according to the available seat upgrade on your flight: greater comfort, more space, meals and drinks, entertainment, among others, varying according to the class of the new fare obtained - Executive Class or Comfort.
However, we are not able to include certain services that have to be determined with more time in advance, like extra baggage, special meal orders, etc.