Stay connected up here to your loved ones down there
When traveling, tell your family and friends your estimated time of arrival through written messages, send work emails, or simply tell your friends on social media that you are traveling on TAP.
It is now much easier to stay connected to the world while you are in the clouds!
Free Messaging on Wi-Fi network
TAP offers web based messaging on long haul flights for all clients in this aircraft, for free.
Stay connected up here
Our Mobile & Wi-Fi service allows you to stay connected to your business, family and friends via email, text messaging, calls and social media.
2 ways to stay connected
To connect to our mobile network, just follow three simple steps:
Enable Wi-Fi on your device.
Connect to Wi-Fi network.
Launch your browser and go to onboardwifi.flytap.com.
- Free Messaging
- Total control of costs
- Multiple payment options are supported - CC, paypal, ipass, etc.
- Different packages available according to your needs.
2 - GSM 3G/4G
Available 15 minuts after take off. To connect to our mobile network, just follow three simple steps:
Switch OFF Airplane mode and Wi-Fi.
Turn ON Cellular Data and Data Roaming. You will be connected automatically.
Otherwise, manually select the AeroMobile.
Once you are connected you will receive a welcome message.
International roaming charges apply.
- Easy - just turn off the airplane mode and Wi-Fi 15m after takeoff.
- Make sure that you have roaming activated.
- No credit card, registration process or logins are needed. Just use it like you are on the ground.
- Your operator will charge you and the cost of the communications are included in phone the bill.
- You pay just the the data that you use.
- SMS are supported
- You can access your voice mail.
USEFUL INFORMATION We recommend that the download settings and automatic updates are disactivated on your device in order to maximize data usage. From 20.000 feet you can disactivate flight mode and communicate as if you were on the ground. You can make calls and send SMS. Roaming tariffs inside the aircraft are established by your mobile network provider. Please check your provider's tariffs.
TAP was one of the first airlines to offer on board internet.
The OnAir WiFi internet system is currently available on the routes between Europe and North and South America, on board the A330 fleet (the aircraft Pedro Nunes, Vasco da Gama, João XXI, João Gonçalves Zarco and Fernão de Magalhães).
View the access conditions:
- You can navigate via your computer, tablet or smartphone;
- Connect to the OnAir WiFi network, then open a browser and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Instructions for use and price plans can be found in the log-in web portal. You can also ask the flight crew if your flight offers Wi-Fi connectivity.
Please be advised that this service has an associated cost and payment will be made by credit card.
- 14 MB - Costs $14,99;
- 50 MB - Costs $45,00.