TAP and Chubb have formed a partnership to provide the Chubb Travel Insurance for passengers.
Your Travel Insurance now includes COVID-19 coverage!
We have upgraded our Travel Insurance products to cover you for cancellation or medical expenses while abroad, following infection from COVID-19 or other Communicable disease. See below the difference between both insurances and choose yours.
Chubb Travel Insurance also protects you in situations whereby you might need to cancel your flight, or require emergency medical assistance when travelling. In addition, it covers against lost, stolen or damaged baggage as well as providing benefits for travel inconvenience you may experience.
View the conditions of the Travel Insurance here.
When and how can I get the Travel Insurance
You can add your Travel Insurance when booking your TAP flight online. One of the steps prior to payment is related to the insurance, where you can include this option (subject to trip type, commencement date and duration). You can also purchase your Travel Insurance at the end of the booking process, on the confirmation page; or, if you prefer, you can purchase your Insurance now by clicking the 'Get quote' button on this page.
If flying accompanied by a child aged up to 2 years, they are included free of charge on the Travel Insurance policy.
Chubb Travel Insurance is available for residents on each country website and for passengers aged up to 65 years of age.
Top 3 reasons why you need Trip Protection:
- Cancellation costs up to policy limit + Flight Cost if you are diagnosed with Coronavirus Disease 19 (or other Communicable Disease) as proven by a positive PCR (or relevant) test and your inability to travel is confirmed by a Doctor;
- Curtailment costs if you are diagnosed with with Coronavirus Disease 19 (or other Communicable Disease) as proven by a positive PCR (or relevant) test and your inability to travel is confirmed by a Doctor;
- Medical Expenses & Repatriation if you are diagnosed with with Coronavirus Disease 19 (or other Communicable Disease) as proven by a positive PCR (or relevant) test and your inability to travel is confirmed by a Doctor.
COVID-19 Insurance - free for tap|classic, tap|plus, tap|executive and tap|top executive
In addition to the Communicable Disease coverage in our voluntary travel insurance product, TAP also includes some additional Covid-19 coverage for freemade available by our partnership with CHUBB.
- Only for return flights.
- When the journey begins no more than 90 days after booking.
- When the duration of the journey does not exceed 30 days.
- For tap|classic, tap|plus, tap|executive and tap|top executive fares (round-trip).
- Only on flights operated by TAP and TAP Express.
- For bookings of up to 9 passengers.
- For passengers permanently resident in Portugal.
This information does not obviate the need to read the important documentation available on this page.
- Mandatory controls established by CHUBB are applied according to appropriate policy exclusions, age limits, deductibles, etc.
- The insurance only covers the period of time during which the client is travelling (and ceases to apply the moment they return home).
- COVID-19 diagnosis, hospitalisation, etc., may not be on the list of reasons for cancelling coverage.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are excluded.